Our Mtn View / Cupertino tour is 21 miles with 5 coop stops.
The tour starts at a special “Slow Food South Bay” stop at Joni Sare’s home behind the Cupertino Post Office. You can park your car here (plenty of curbside parking), unload your bike and start your tour here. See details, below, for parking and entering the backyard.
What you will find here, why it’s special…
- Sorry – no chickens. no bees.
- Come see our 2-month-old under-construction Garden Beds, see pics, below.
- Water, nibbles of “ARK of TASTE” products (Meyer Lemon Cake, beans, and more)
- Slow Food info
- Seed Quiz — test your knowledge of common seeds.
- Garden Share table! bring extras from your garden and put it on the SHARE table. No requirement to bring food, tho. Anyone can take a few items home with them.
- Lots of free seeds!
- Hillie Salo will be here, she has helped form and maintain our SEED LIBRARIES (at local city libraries). She is a master gardener and Board member of Slow Food. And started our “Grow A Row” program.
- Tour de Coop info and maps
Where to park and enter the backyard:
This home is on the corner of Mann Drive and Monte Court. You’ll see the Tour de Coop sign leading you to the backyard, on Mann Drive.
Do not go to the front door of the home, which is located on Monte Court.
PARKING: is along Mann Drive, as the backyard entrance is on this street. There is plenty of curbside parking.
Bring your bikes into the yard through the garden gate, there’s plenty of space for everyone. …with tables, umbrellas and grass.
Click on the maps below to view and print them.