Hello Tour De Coop 2017 Organizers and Coopsters!
This is a special hidden page on the website just for organizers and/or coop owners to share information and list events and meetings for the event. Please only share this link to other Tour Coopsters or organizers.
Welcome to the event organizers and coopster page to help manage the coop tour planning chaos!
The coop tour has no particular goals, and metrics to be measured by but simply a collaborative effort and energies of many to put together a fun, bike ride looking at coops and gardens!
Let’s get started!
Google shared Documents – To efficiently manage lists of coops and organizers and marketing outreach, two documents have been created and can be edit by anyone with links to the documents.
To help create and manage the email lists for both coopsters, organizers and event day tourists, I have created TWO eventbrite ticket registrations.
(1) The first eventbright ticket registration is for coopsters and organizers. We will use this list to send emails to those interested in submitting their coops for the tour or wishing to help organize. People registering for this ticket will get weekly planning and organizing emails.
(2) The second eventbrite ticket registration is for those wishing to participate in the event coop tours. Registering for this ticket will send you map and event information before the event.
Tour de Coop 2017 List of Submitted coops and Coop Tour Organizers
This document is a list of coops/coopsters that have been submitted for consideration for the Coop 2017 tour and also those who have volunteered for organizing the event. This will created from the eventbrite organizer ticket list or those who directly enter info here. We require that all organizers and coopsters also get a free eventbrite organizer ticket too since we use that email list to communicate to coopsters and organizers.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR COOPSTERS – Those with coops on the tour!
NOTE: If you are considering having your coop on the 2017 tour, you must enter it here into the document or have someone enter for you! Deciding which coops will be on the tour often depends on if there other coops in the same general region to help create bikable coop loops so please recruit several coops around you!
For reference here are 2016 coops:
Secondly, please send a email to Tour De Coop organizers (svtourDeCoop@gmail.com) with the following information:
- Your Coop Name
- Address (Street address, city and zip) – This is helpful when reviewing tour routes
- A paragraph description of your coop stop (Coop, bee hive, gardens, other animals, etc)
- Another paragraph explaining what is unique about your coop stop and why folks should visit your coop stop!
- A Third paragraph describing what you will be offering for the tourists at your stop. You might mention you are offering free lemonade, banana bread and a shady lawn area to relax on between coop stops.
- Please include 1-3 photos of your coop or garden.
For reference for organizers, here is the list of 2015 coopsters – Do not modify this list or do not put 2016 coop stop into this document
Coop Tour 2017 Marketing Outreach list –
This document is a list of businesses, persons or organizations who we have contacted or reached out to in some capacity asking them to help market the event with press or emails or participate in the tour in some capacity either as promoter or coopsters or sponsors, etc. Feel free to add and edit items in the list. Be sure to include any notes, contact info, etc so we know who entered the info and if you followed up with reaching them about the coop tour.
(For reference here is the 2016 Marketing Outreach List.)
Google Coop Tour Maps!
The mapping of the tours have started! Please contact event organizers if you wish to help to map, test ride or verify routes for the coop loop by sending an email to email@example.com with your information.
coops for 2017 as of August 23, 2017
First draft of coop loops – 8.25.17
Mapping leader coordinator is:
Chip Garner – firstname.lastname@example.org – 415 218 7497
– This google base is the map we will use for planning route purposes. It is not meant to be shared outside of the planning/volunteering committees.
Google Map of 2017 Coops – Click here to view a google map of the coops without routes
Coop Tour Routes 2017
– Please help us test these routes. Please send any feedback on routes to email@example.com and do not share these routes before the tour. The coops are not open before coop day.
Ride With GPS maps
To create the individual coop tour loops/routes, turn sheets, we are using an on-line mapping tool called RideWithGPS. For those volunteers on the route mapping committee will have account login information to add, edit and create routes.
Routes and maps planning page –
- Tour De Coop 50K Loop – 50 K look of 11 coops
- LA, LAH, PA and MV loop – 6 coops – 8 miles (Almost Final 8.29.17 cues updated)
- LONGER LAH, LAH, PA, and MV coops 19 miles – 9 coops – cues updated and checked 8.29.17
- Cupertino, MV and North San Jose – 5 coops – 21 miles
- MV and Sunnyvale Loop – 5 coop – 13.5 miles
- SHORT San Jose Willow Glen Tour – 9 miles – 5 coops
- LONG San Jose Willow Glen Tour – 20 miles 6 coops
- Los Gatos Saratoga Area Tour – 5 coops – 20 miles
- San Mateo Loop – 2 coops – 7 miles
The Routes, maps and events page (2016 version)
Tourist Ticket Info to be release Wed – September 13th
On Wednesday before, we will send out to those who have registered for the tour an email with this link. You can click on this now to see what the registered tourists will get.
Click here to view the Coop Tour Ticket 2017 (To be release September 13th) DO NOT share now
BASIC TIME LINE: (Updated 1.24.2017)
Here is a general time line of coop tour planning events to pull the event together by the event date of September 16, 2017.
January – August 2016 – Solicit coops for submission and get folks to register to the tour with flyers, posters, postcards, articles, press releases, etc.
September 1st – All Coops should be submitted for consideration in the coop tour
September 1-10 – (2) Coopster meetings to provide information to coop owners on tour
Sep 1-6 – Coop selection and preliminary route mapping process completed
September 7 to 15 COOP TOUR TESTS! We need people to sign up for specific tours and fully test maps and instructions.
September 13th -Attendee Map is released to those registered on eventbrite
September 16th – Coop Tour
Organizer Contact Info:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Scott@inet-sciences.com
Cell (650) 793-0475
Here is the document that is passed out at the coopsters meeting with the best practices document and the coop stop release form that needs to be signed and delivered electronically back to Scott email@example.com if you were not at one of the coopster meetings. – Signing the word doc release form is fine by typing your name and emailing it back.
It is also very important that every coop stop that has chickens has a self spray station set up so that tourists can spray the bottom of their shoes with lysol type solution before entering your coop area and garden to prevent cross coop contamination.
Below are some documents that coopsters may want to print themselves for their own use at their coop stop.
- CoopStop Poster (PDF)
- donotenter poster sign (PDF)
- CoopStoryBlank – (Word) download this and create your own coop story
- SelfSprayStation (PDF)