Hello Tour De Coop 2020 Organizers and Coopsters!
This is a special hidden page on the website just for organizers and/or coop owners to share information and list events and meetings for the event. Please only share this link to other Tour Coopsters or organizers.
NOTE: This page was created from the previous years organizer pages since it still may have references to previous years schedules.
Welcome to the event organizers and coopster page to help manage the coop tour 2020 planning chaos!
The coop tour has no particular goals, and metrics to be measured by but simply a collaborative effort and energies of many to put together a fun, bike ride looking at coops and gardens!
Let’s get started!
Google shared Documents – To efficiently manage lists of coops and organizers and marketing outreach, two documents have been created and can be edit by anyone with links to the documents.
To help create and manage the email lists for both coopsters, organizers and event day tourists, I have created TWO eventbrite ticket registrations.
(1) The first eventbright ticket registration is for coopsters and organizers. We will use this list to send emails to those interested in submitting their coops for the tour or wishing to help organize. People registering for this ticket will get weekly planning and organizing emails.
This organizer eventbrite ticket is at:
Folks riding the event and looking coops will use this eventbrite ticket at:
Tour de Coop 2020 List of Submitted coops and Coop Tour Organizers
This document is a list of coops/coopsters that have been submitted for consideration for the Coop 2020 tour and also those who have volunteered for organizing the event. This will created from the eventbrite organizer ticket list or those who directly enter info here. We require that all organizers and coopsters also get a free eventbrite organizer ticket too since we use that email list to communicate to coopsters and organizers.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR COOPSTERS – Those with coops on the tour!
NOTE: If you are considering having your coop on the 2018 tour, you must enter it here into the document or have someone enter for you! Deciding which coops will be on the tour often depends on if there other coops in the same general region to help create bikable coop loops so please recruit several coops around you!
Secondly, if this is your first time showing you coop on the tour, please send a email to Tour De Coop organizers (svtourDeCoop@gmail.com) with the following information:
- Your Coop Name
- Address (Street address, city and zip) – This is helpful when reviewing tour routes
- A paragraph description of your coop stop (Coop, bee hive, gardens, other animals, etc)
- Another paragraph explaining what is unique about your coop stop and why folks should visit your coop stop!
- A Third paragraph describing what you will be offering for the tourists at your stop. You might mention you are offering free lemonade, banana bread and a shady lawn area to relax on between coop stops.
- Please include 1-3 photos of your coop or garden.
For reference for organizers, here is the list of 2015 coopsters – Do not modify this list or do not put 2016 coop stop into this document
For reference here are 2016 coops:
Coop Tour 2018 Marketing Outreach list –
This document is a list of businesses, persons or organizations who we have contacted or reached out to in some capacity asking them to help market the event with press or emails or participate in the tour in some capacity either as promoter or coopsters or sponsors, etc. Feel free to add and edit items in the list. Be sure to include any notes, contact info, etc so we know who entered the info and if you followed up with reaching them about the coop tour.
Google Coop location Maps!
This map shows the coop locations but not the routes
Coop Tour Loop map – Created 8.23.18 –
- Redwood City – 3 coops – First draft done – test
- PA and LAH – 8 coops – First Draft done – test
- LAH hike – 1 coop – Draft done – test
- LA and LAH and MV – 7 coops – Draft done – test
- LA, mtn view and Sunnyvale – 4 coops – draft done, test
- San Jose Coops and Santa Clara -2 coops – 7 miles – Draft done -test
- West San Jose 1 coop
- Los Gatos area – 6 coops – Draft done – test
- Willow Glen ARea coops – 4 coops – draft done – test
- East San Jose Bike Ride and picnic Coop stop -1 coop – Draft done – test
– This google base is the map we will use for planning route purposes. It is not meant to be shared outside of the planning/volunteering committees.
Coop Tour Routes 2018 and Coop Tour Tickets
do not share these links – Only registered tourists will be sent these links!
- 2018 Coop Tour Ticket with Routes and maps and coop lists
- 2018 List of Coops by City with links to coops
– Please help us test these routes. (TBD) Please send any feedback on routes to firstname.lastname@example.org and do not share these routes before the tour. The coops are not open before coop day.
Ride With GPS maps
To create the individual coop tour loops/routes, turn sheets, we are using an on-line mapping tool called RideWithGPS. For those volunteers on the route mapping committee will have account login information to add, edit and create routes.
2018 Routes and Map: To be created
Tourist Ticket Info to be release Wed – September 12th 2018
On Wednesday before the event, we will send out to those who have registered for the tour an email with this link. You can click on this now to see what the registered tourists will get.
PAST 2017 TICKET: To see what last year’s ticket looks like check out:
Click here to view the Coop Tour Ticket 2018 (To be release September 13th) DO NOT share now
BASIC TIME LINE: (Updated 6.13.18)
Here is a general time line of coop tour planning events to pull the event together by the event date of September 16, 2017.
January – August 24th 2018 – Solicit coops for submission and get folks to register to the tour with flyers, posters, postcards, articles, press releases, etc.
August 24th – All Coops should be submitted for consideration in the coop tour
September 1-10 – (2) Coopster meetings to provide information to coop owners on tour
August 25 – Sep 5th – Coop selection and preliminary route mapping process completed
September 5 to 9th COOP TOUR TESTS! We need people to sign up for specific tours and fully test maps and instructions.
September 12th – Wednesday Attendee Map is released to those registered on eventbrite
Saturday September 15th – Coop Tour
Organizer Contact Info:
Email: email@example.com / Scott@inet-sciences.com
Cell (650) 793-0475
Here is the document that is passed out at the coopsters meeting with the best practices document and the coop stop release form that needs to be signed and delivered electronically back to Scott firstname.lastname@example.org if you were not at one of the coopster meetings. – Signing the word doc release form is fine by typing your name and emailing it back.
It is also very important that every coop stop that has chickens has a self spray station set up so that tourists can spray the bottom of their shoes with lysol type solution before entering your coop area and garden to prevent cross coop contamination.
Below are some documents that coopsters may want to print themselves for their own use at their coop stop.
- CoopStop Poster (PDF)
- donotenter poster sign (PDF)
- CoopStoryBlank – (Word) download this and create your own coop story
- SelfSprayStation (PDF)